1786 CUSTODIAN - TEMPORARY
Location: Hancock's Bridge, New Jersey US
Job Number: 513
Requisition ID: 64418
Job Function/Category: Craftworkers
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy. Union Local
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION FOR THE SALEM OUTAGE
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Perform the work required to maintain the buildings in a clean and orderly condition, including but not limited to:
• Sweeping, mopping and cleaning floors, walls, windows, ceilings, stairways and furniture in buildings, offices, restaurant, locker rooms and bathrooms
• Cleaning and disinfecting floors and facilities in locker rooms and bathrooms
• Operating laundry machines
• Operating floor scrubbing machine and vacuum cleaners
• Cleaning and making minor repairs to building cleaning equipment
• Distributing lavatory supplies
• Sorting and disposing of papers, trash and refuse
• Learning the approved methods of artificial respiration
• Operating Company passenger cars and Pick-Up type trucks or equivalent vehicles
• Must be able to perform job duties according to company's safety policy and procedures
• Incumbent may be required to work in contaminated and/or radiological controlled areas
• Perform less skilled work
• Ability to wear personal protection equipment if working in/with hazardous materials and/or waste
• Must meet the Company's "General Requirements" as defined in the Union handbook
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
• Must demonstrate the ability to follow simple instructions and carry out routine assignments and possess an aptitude for mechanical work and keen faculties of observation
• Meet and maintain Nuclear' s requirements for unescorted site access
• Must possess a valid driver's license with a safe and satisfactory driver history; the job requires driving to company locations and off-site assignments and events
• Must have at least 6 months of work experience within the last 3 years
• Must be willing and able to lift heavy equipment
• Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of each and every employee's diversity
• Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others: strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal orientation
• Must be able to respect the company's Core Commitments: safety, integrity, continuous improvement, diversity & inclusion, and customer service: As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Compliance, Nuclear, Recruiting, Legal, Energy, Human Resources
Job Number: 64418
Community / Marketing Title: 1786 CUSTODIAN - TEMPORARY
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hancock's Bridge, New Jersey US