Continuous Improvement Project Leader
Location: Newark, New Jersey US
Job Number: 480
Requisition ID: 63284
Job Function/Category: Business Services
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy. Job Summary
This is a unique opportunity exists for qualified employees who are interested in joining our Continuous Improvement Organization on a 1-2 year rotation
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in a dynamic and fast-paced environment setting policy, establishing and implementing Continuous Improvement initiatives throughout the Enterprise. This rotation offers you the opportunity to work with the Executive Officer Group, Senior Leadership Team and management across PSEG to address the company's business process issues. Project initiatives include cost management, performance efficiency, process development, ownership/alignment, and other operational initiatives. This may also include large scale transformational projects focused on supporting the company's core business results.
As a rotational assignment and developmental opportunity, there will be no compensation treatment at the onset of the rotation; there will be no change to your grade, salary or PIP target. You will be eligible for a merit increase at the time of the annual merit process.
This is a multi-level rotational opportunity geared towards those in grade levels 26-28. As noted above, your grade level will remain the same during the rotation. The title, grade level and incentive target is dependent upon the successful candidate's skills, knowledge, experience and abilities learned through the interview process.
• • 8956B Continuous Improvement Sr. Associate, grade 26 • 8956C Continuous Improvement Specialist, grade 27 • 9553 Continuous Improvement Project Leader, grade 28
• Performs preliminary analysis on the effectiveness of existing business processes and assists in developing sustainable, repeatable, and quantifiable business process improvements.
• Drives best business practices research within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data.
• Collects and analyzes process data to assist with initiation, development, and recommendation of business practices and procedures and process changes that focus on enhanced safety, increased productivity and efficiency.
• Leads implementation of the methodology to measure process improvement performance against targets and maintains standards for all training programs and materials.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or other highly analytical field • Strong MS Office skills (i.e. Excel [VLookup, Pivot tables], Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Access)
• Candidate must have a performance outcome of Achieves/Models or higher • A self-starter with demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts quickly • Demonstrated interest in continuous improvement projects • Able to work on multiple project simultaneously • Appreciation for driving change management • Able to train and obtain Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt depending on duration of rotation • Possess strong analytical capabilities • Extremely detail oriented and diligent • Ability to lead, coach, and facilitate • Excellent presentation and communication skills - both written and oral • Good interpersonal skills • Ability to work well in team environment, with sound negotiation and problem solving skills
Desired Qualifications and Competencies:
• Master's degree • PMP Certification a plus • Prior consulting strategy/operational excellence experience • Demonstrated self-leadership, breadth, comfort with ambiguity, adaptation, and ability to influence • Possess strong analytical capabilities (leveraging technology to analyze various data sets, quantitative and qualitative data, and synthesizing key takeaways from data)
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Engineer, Consulting, Project Manager, Compliance, Sustainability, Engineering, Technology, Legal, Energy
Job Number: 63284
Community / Marketing Title: Continuous Improvement Project Leader
Location_formattedLocationLong: Newark, New Jersey US