1310 FIRE PROTECTION OPERATOR - NUCLEAR - TEMPORARY
Location: Hancocks Bridge, New Jersey US
Job Number: 512
Requisition ID: 64419
Job Function/Category: Power
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy. Union Local
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION FOR THE SALEM OUTAGE
Perform work of higher skill in the operation, inspection, testing and adjustment of all Artificial Island fire protection system, first aid functions, and equipment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Duties are to remove, repair and/or install as required, fire protection equipment such as fire hoses, fire extinguishers, sprinklers, plug-in components, isolation valves, fire doors, replacement of flow switches, tamper switches, fusible links, replace level and pressure switches, lamping and batter replacement on emergency lighting, etc.,
• Operate, test, and adjust fire protection equipment such as: fire hydrants, deluge and isolation valves, foam systems, Cardox and Halon suppression systems, alarm systems, breathing apparatus and auxiliary equipment associated with the fire protection system
• Make routine inspections of equipment and areas as assigned and record data as required
• Maintain cleanliness of equipment and assigned areas
• Move and handle fire protection equipment, materials and supplies
• Assist other departments as required in firefighting, first aid and related work
• Operate and test fire pumps
• Perform confined space surveys to determine the presence of oxygen and/or potential explosive gas atmospheres
• Perform other similar or less skilled work of the occupational group
• Must meet the Company's "General Requirements", as defined in the Union handbook
• Must demonstrate: The ability to follow detailed instructions and carry out complex assignment; an aptitude for mechanical work and technical work; keen faculties of observation; oral and written communications skills necessary for performance of work.
• Meet and maintain Nuclear' s requirements for unescorted site access
• The job may require driving to company locations and off-site assignments and events, must possess a valid driver's license with a safe and satisfactory driver history
• Must have at least 6 months of outside and/or industrial work experience within the last 3 years or; College/technical school graduate
• Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of each and every employee's diversity
• Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others: strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal orientation
• Must be able to respect the company's Core Commitments: safety, integrity, continuous improvement, diversity & inclusion, and customer serviceAs an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Power Plant Operator, Nuclear, Compliance, Recruiting, Energy, Legal, Human Resources
Job Number: 64419
Community / Marketing Title: 1310 FIRE PROTECTION OPERATOR - NUCLEAR - TEMPORARY
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hancocks Bridge, New Jersey US