Sr Technology Product Consultant
Location: Hancocks Bridge, New Jersey US
Job Number: 392
Requisition ID: 62884
Job Function/Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy. Job Summary
Provide technical leadership, database management and system administration and maintenance functions for a diverse population of infrastructure and software systems hosted at PSEG Nuclear. Perform database, display and other software changes, security updates and other changes to plant process real-time computing systems in accordance with established processes and procedures. Provide integrated systems planning and recommend new or different technologies that address operational needs and support overall corporate and business goals.
•• Act as the support designer/engineer for networking systems and their subsystems utilizing an understanding of available technology, tools, existing designs and regulatory requirements (e.g., NEI 08-09 R6) security controls, policies and procedures
• Collect, consolidate and analyze business and technical requirements from key constituents. Recommend appropriate technological designs and solutions that comply with regulatory requirements and IT architectural and PSEG's business strategies, and provide the most efficient and cost effective solution
• Support the delivery of the network solutions, including requirements analysis, internal proposal preparation, RFP development, vendor statement of work evaluation, tool selection, and implementation planning
• Assist with the development of network architectures, perform network traffic analysis, predict network bandwidth and storage capacity needs, and recommend modifications to the network configurations which reduces cost, maintain regulatory compliance and improve service
• Assist with developing and maintaining rolling life cycle plans for network infrastructure
• Work with client and IT Engineering, IT operations, and other IT areas as appropriate throughout the development, testing and implementation life cycle, including participation in troubleshooting of production issues
• Test and install network patches and upgrades as required to maintain a secure operational environment
Job Specific Qualifications
This is a multi-level position with level placement dependent upon the skills, knowledge and experience of the candidate.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or STEM or relevant work experience. For the Sr. Technology Product Consultant must have at least 4 years of related work experience. For the Principal Technology Product Consultant must have at least 6 years of experience in network/systems/security design, installation, management, or operation for corporate networks. Without a Bachelor's degree at least 8-10 years of experience in network/systems/security design, installation, management and operation for large corporate networks.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, including oral, written and presentation skills, teamwork, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation, with the ability to work effectively with internal client from various business organizations and lines of business, and IT management and staff.
• Self-starting with the demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Good consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff and vendors.
• Good problem solving and root cause analysis skills
• Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity.
• Successful candidate should demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
• Advanced professional training and certifications such as:
• Windows MCSA or MCSE
• Windows Certifications for Server 2008 and 2012.
• Scientech Rtime application knowledge
• Software Quality Assurance certifications
• Experience with and general understanding of some or all of the following:
o UNIX operating system
o VMS operating System
o Network configurations e.g. LAN/VLAN/WAN/MAN/WiFi/IPsec VPN tunnels/ WINS/DNS/DHCP/VIPs/QoS/MPLS/RIP/EIGRP/OSPF/BGP/HSRP/GLBP.
o Cisco technologies and products.
o Dell Server technologies and products
o Desktop hardware and software technologies
o Project management and architectural skills such as creating software lifecycle development plans
o Experience with following rigid process and procedural guidance.
Additional Critical Information:
Position is a member of the PSEG Nuclear Critical Group and candidate must:
• Be available for call-out and overtime support to perform system maintenance when needed after normal business hours
• Fulfill and maintain PSEG Nuclear requirements for holding a badge for unescorted access by successfully completing fitness-for-duty, OSHA, general employee, Rad Worker and other required training
• Support PSEG Nuclear Emergency Preparedness program drills and events
Bachelor in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Telecom, Telecommunications, Nuclear Engineering, Engineering, Legal, Technology
Job Number: 62884
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Technology Product Consultant
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hancocks Bridge, New Jersey US