Location: Newark, New Jersey US
Job Number: 426
Requisition ID: 63101
Job Function/Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy. Job Summary
This is an entry level role that provides college hires the opportunity to be involved in meaningful work/projects throughout the Information Technology organization. This position prepares candidates for advanced information technology positions through challenging assignments, and allows them to develop their skills the areas of Customer Care, and Call Center technologies such as Salesforce, MuleSoft and emerging technologies. This position is a direct report to IT Group Product Managers of Smart Services.
•This position provides opportunity to be involved several product developments:
• Learn Salesforce and Deploy solutions. Participate in implementing Customer Relationship Management using Salesforce and automate business processes for internal client organizations in the pursuit of their business objectives. Participate in requirements gathering, solutions design, systems configuration and development for a variety of Salesforce Modules such as Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Einstein Analytics / AI, Chat etc..
• Learn to execute projects through the PSEG's Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and CMMI inclusive of identifying, specifying and analyzing business requirements and processes and managing progress throughout the application design, test and implementation process using Agile and 2 Pizza concepts.
• Work with Product teams in Two Pizza Team approach similar to Amazon product development and CICD model.
• Develop and implement process improvements, Next Best Actions, Automation opportunities, and Pro-active communications for customer care applications.
• Become a subject matter expert (aka Product Consultant) for technical and solution architecture that will include configuration, development, integration, and customization of complex Salesforce, and digital environments.
• Salesforce administration, release management, and deployment expertise
• Configure, Design, Develop using Visualforce, Apex, API, SOQL, Workflows, MuleSoft, and other development tools provided by PSEG
• PSEG will not offer visa sponsorship in connection with these positions. Positions will be located in Newark, New Jersey in the PSEG General Office.
• Candidate must have a valid driver's license and be willing to travel within the state and to PSEG LI locations.
Job Specific Qualifications
•• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information/Computer Security, Engineering or STEM degree.
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Level of experience required ranges from internship to 4 years of relevant experience within the IT field or an industry with reliance on technical expertise.
• This is a multi-level position and placement is dependent upon skills, knowledge and experience of the selected candidate.
o Technology Professional - up to 2 years of experience within technology
o Sr Technology Professional - at least 2 years of experience within technology
• Overall strong technical proficiency in information technology/computer disciplines.
• Strong MS Office skills (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
• Programming Experience working with or related coursework .NET, HTML, SQL, Java, Java scripting, Ajax, NODE.JS, JQuery, REST API's, Angular or Object Oriented Design,
• Self-starting with the demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
• Detail oriented and demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and staff.
• Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
• Experience developing business process flows and soliciting business requirements
• Knowledge of Agile development and project management
• Experience working in Salesforce Lightening, Visualforce, Apex, API, SOQL, Workflows, MuleSoft is desired
• Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Management or Customer Relationship Management software
• Certifications in technical specialties such as Salesforce development, AWS, Mobile application development is desired
• Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley controls
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, Intern, Information Systems, Database, Engineering, Technology, Entry Level
Job Number: 63101
Community / Marketing Title: IT Professional
Location_formattedLocationLong: Newark, New Jersey US