1510- NUCLEAR WORKER
Location: Hancocks Bridge, New Jersey US
Job Number: 444
Requisition ID: 63582
Job Function/Category: Laborers
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
Performs work in the preservation and maintenance of the Nuclear
Department buildings, structures and equipment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Perform and document radiological surveys such as: area and contact dose rates, airborne radioactive and surface contamination in conjunction with decontamination work, waste shipment and processing of protective clothing.
2. Perform routine duties associated with area and equipment decontamination, processing of protective clothing and radioactive material disposal.
3. Perform routine duties associated with radioactive waste shipments.
4. Perform decontamination and operational checks of radiation protection instruments and equipment.
5. Clean internal and external surfaces (buildings, structures and equipment) using "blast finishing" equipment or with brush, scraper, chipping guns and solvents and apply protective and finish coatings such as oil and latex paints, primers, tar, asphalt base paints, grease using brushes, spray guns or similar equipment.
6. Operate power equipment such as: hacksaws, drills, grinders, hammers, small pipe and bolt threading machine and other equipment of this type.
7. Move and handle equipment and supplies.
8. Install and move all types of scaffolding 30 feet or less in height.
9. Install, fabricate, remove, replace and make repairs to thermal insulation and lagging.
10. Set up temporary safety barriers and protective screening around work areas.
11. Install, check, test, repair and remove temporary power and light as required, up to 120 volts.
12. Perform simple rigging.
13. Install penetration seals.
14. Operate overhead gantry cranes (turbine, polar cranes, etc.)
15. Install and repair floor and ceiling tiles, roofs, office furniture and door hardware.
16. Operate forklifts, Company passenger cars and pick-up trucks or equivalent.
17. Maintain shop and work location in a neat and orderly condition.
18. Learn approved method of Artificial Respiration.
19. Assist other Nuclear Departments where unskilled labor is required.
20. Perform other similar duties of the occupational group.
This position may be assigned as a Day or Shift Nuclear Worker within one of the following, Salem Station, Hope Creek Station or the Nuclear Maintenance Organization.
Must meet the Company's "General Requirements", and in addition:
1. Must demonstrate an aptitude for mechanical work
2. Must be able to qualify for a driver's license to operate vehicles in the State of New Jersey.
3. Must demonstrate the ability to follow simple instructions and carry out routine assignments.
*** Must successfully complete the appropropiate pre-employment testing.***
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Nuclear, Compliance, Labor, Recruiting, Energy, Legal, Operations, Human Resources
Job Number: 63582
Community / Marketing Title: 1510- NUCLEAR WORKER
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hancocks Bridge, New Jersey US