1510 NUCLEAR WORKER - TEMPORARY
Location: Hancocks Bridge, New Jersey US
Job Number: 515
Requisition ID: 64417
Job Function/Category: Power
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy. Union Local
Performs work in the preservation and maintenance of the Nuclear
Department buildings, structures and equipment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION FOR THE SALEM OUTAGE
Assist in performing basic work in the preservation and maintenance of the Nuclear Department buildings, structures, and equipment, including but not limited to the following:
• Clean internal and external surfaces (buildings, structures, and equipment), scrapers, chipping guns, and solvents and apply protective and finish coatings such as oil, latex base paints, red lead other primers, tar and asphalt base paints, grease using brushes, spray guns or similar equipment
• Operate power equipment i.e., hacksaws, drills, grinders, hammers, small pipe and bolt threading machine and other equipment of this type
• Move and handle equipment, materials and supplies. Install and remove all types of scaffolding 30 feet or less in height
• Install, fabricate, remove, replace and make repairs to thermal insulation and lagging
• Set up temporary safety barriers and protective screening around work areas
• Install, check, test, repair and remove temporary power and light as required, up to 120 volts
• Perform simple rigging
• Install and repair floor and ceiling tiles, office furniture and door hardware
• Assist all other Nuclear Departments where unskilled labor is required
• Maintain shop and work location in a neat and orderly condition
• Learn the approved methods of artificial respiration
• Perform less skilled work
• Must be able to perform job duties according to company's safety policy and procedures
• Must be able to operate fire extinguishers as needed
• Incumbent may be required to work in contaminated and/or radiological controlled areas
• Ability to wear personal protection equipment if working in/with hazardous materials and/or waste
• Must meet the Company's "General Requirements", as defined in the Union handbook
• Be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
• Must demonstrate the ability to follow simple instructions and carry out routine assignments; an aptitude for mechanical work; keen faculties of observation
• Meet and maintain Nuclear's requirements for unescorted site access
• The job may require driving to company locations and off-site assignments and events, must possess a valid driver's license with a safe and satisfactory driver history
• Must have at least 6 months of outside and/or industrial work experience within the last 3 years or; College/technical school graduate
De sired Qualifications
• Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of each and every employee's diversity
• Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others: strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal orientation
• Must be able to respect the company's Core Commitments: safety, integrity, continuous improvement, diversity & inclusion, and customer serviceAs an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Nuclear, Compliance, Recruiting, Energy, Legal, Human Resources
Job Number: 64417
Community / Marketing Title: 1510 NUCLEAR WORKER - TEMPORARY
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hancocks Bridge, New Jersey US