Technology Professional-Meter to Cash
Location: Newark, New Jersey US
Job Number: 608
Requisition ID: 64700
Job Function/Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy. Job Summary
This is an entry level role that provides college hires the opportunity to be involved in meaningful work/projects throughout the Information Technology organization. This position prepares candidates for advanced information technology positions through challenging assignments, and allows them to develop their skills the areas of OpenText, SAP and emerging technologies. This position is a direct report to IT Group Product Manager of Smart Services.
•Candidates must be a graduate of Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) and have PSEG work experience. Candidates with experience with PSEG OpenText is required.
This position provides opportunity to be involved several product developments:
• Learn Salesforce and Deploy solutions. Participate in implementing Customer Relationship Management using Salesforce and automate business processes for internal client organizations in the pursuit of their business objectives. Participate in requirements gathering, solutions design, systems configuration and development for a variety of Salesforce Modules such as Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Einstein Analytics / AI, Chat etc.
• Learn to execute projects through the PSEG's Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and CMMI inclusive of identifying, specifying and analyzing business requirements and processes and managing progress throughout the application design, test and implementation process using Agile and 2 Pizza concepts.
• Work with Product teams in Two Pizza Team approach similar to Amazon product development and CICD model.
• Develop and implement process improvements, Next Best Actions, Automation opportunities, and Pro-active communications for customer care applications.
• Become a subject matter expert (aka Product Consultant) for technical and solution architecture that will include configuration, development, integration, and customization of complex Salesforce, and digital environments.
• Salesforce administration, release management, and deployment expertise
• Configure, Design, Develop using Visualforce, Apex, API, SOQL, Workflows, MuleSoft, and other development tools provided by PSEG
• PSEG will not offer visa sponsorship in connection with these positions. Positions will be located in Newark, New Jersey in the PSEG General Office.
• Candidate must have a valid driver's license and be willing to travel within the state and to PSEG LI locations.
Job Specific Qualifications
••Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information/Computer Security, Computer or Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline i.e. STEM. ••IT Professional is a college entry-level position and requires a minimum 3.0 GPA and up to 1-1/2 years of experience. A Sr. Associate-IT Professional requires 1-1/2 years or more years of IT experience. Placement is dependent upon the candidate's experience. ••Overall strong technical proficiency in information technology/computer disciplines ••Experience working with or related coursework in routing and switching, wireless networks and LANs, network security, hardware and operating systems, and Data communication systems ••Strong MS Office skills (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access) ••Self-starting with the demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts quickly ••Detail oriented and demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills ••Excellent written and oral communication skills
••Experience developing business process flows and soliciting business requirements ••Knowledge of testing methodologies and/or project management ••Familiarity with Cisco networking technologies and hardware ••Certifications in technical specialties such as Microsoft, Cisco, etc. ••Prior experience supporting a Windows environment ••Familiarity with Linux and Windows, and networking concepts such as IP networks ••Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley controls
•This is a multi-level position PSEG will not offer visa sponsorship in connection with these positions.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, ERP, Network, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology
Job Number: 64700
Community / Marketing Title: Technology Professional-Meter to Cash
Location_formattedLocationLong: Newark, New Jersey US