Location: Hancocks Bridge, New Jersey US
Job Number: 627
Requisition ID: 64726
Job Function/Category: Engineering
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy. Job Responsibilities
The Corporate Civil/Structural Design Engineer at PSEG Nuclear's responsibilities include:
• Performing structural engineering design and analysis for BWR and PWR systems/structures/components to resolve complex technical issues. • Preparation and review of plant configuration change packages and design calculations in accordance with plant procedures. • Performing walkdowns to verify as-built conditions and confirm modification scope. • Leading multi-discipline teams as the Lead Responsible Engineer for plant design changes. • Monitoring the quality and performance of contractors performing design analysis • Supporting plant emergent issues and generation challenges. • Providing outage engineering support which may require shift work/off hours support. • Participation in the Emergency Response Organization, in which the successful candidate will be assigned a specific duty. • Performing other assigned duties as determined by the Civil/Structural Design Engineering Manager.
Job Specific Qualifications
• BS Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• One to five years' experience in the nuclear or relevant industry performing Structural/seismic design/analysis.
• Ability to inspect structures, systems, and components in the industrial areas of nuclear power plant.
• Availability for Shift Work during plant outages and generation challenges.
• Knowledge of AISC & ACI design codes, NRC requirements for safety-related structures, and software analysis tools such as GT Strudl or equivalent.
• Must meet Nuclear requirements for Unescorted Plant Access.
Greater than five years of experience in Nuclear Power Plant Engineering.
• Experience in pipe stress and pipe support analysis, design, and software analysis tools such as ME-101 or equivalent.
• Knowledge of ASME B31.1, ASME Section III, ASME Section IX, and NRC requirements for piping design.
• Professional engineering license.
** The title and market reference point assigned to the successful candidate will be determined by assessing skills and related experience from the interview process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Nuclear, Nuclear Engineering, Engineer, Compliance, Power Plant Operator, Energy, Engineering, Legal
Job Number: 64726
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer Nuclear
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hancocks Bridge, New Jersey US