Lead Budget Analyst PSEG LI
Location: Bethpage, New York US
Job Number: 519
Requisition ID: 64420
Job Function/Category: Finance / Accounting
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy. Job Summary
As a key member of the Capital Budget Management team within the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) group, the Lead Budget Analyst will report to the Capital Budget Manager. The selected candidate will be someone who is highly motivated and an analytical thinker, with the ability to perform hands-on detailed work while also having the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically, and be well versed in financial matters, including budgeting and forecasting, general accounting, financial reporting and financial systems maintenance. The individual must provide technical and analytical expertise to ensure financial data integrity and support to meet business goals and objectives.
Prepare, plan and monitor the budgets along with forecasts for the PSEG-LI business unit in order to ensure financial targets are met.
• Lead the variance analysis and query investigation, utilizing financial systems, for financial activity and ensure accurate allocation of costs.
• Active involvement in the PSEG-LI Utility Review Board ("URB") process, including but not limited to URB meetings, reviewing URB document submittals, URB activity monitoring and tracking, URB administrative tasks, etc.
• Capital reporting and analysis of actual results versus plan, URB approved amounts and projected year-ends ("PYE").
• Partner, liaise and develop positive working relationships with primary client (LIPA), financial and operating areas and corporate department to obtain information required to meet responsibilities and respond to inquiries.
• Proactively build and maintain internal and external networks in order to penetrate, absorb and apply technical/professional best practice to own area of responsibilities.
• Implement new business processes and streamline and improve current business processes.
• Provide financial planning for all aspects of the capital budget development process, including SAP and financial systems set-up and maintenance as necessary.
• Provide key business and financial guidance to the organization (budgeting and forecasting).
• Analyze and interpret financial results and forecasts (variance analysis, P&L impact).
• Drive Business Process implementation and improvement.
• Participate on cross-functional teams to solve business issues.
• Assist on special projects as required.
Job Specific Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum seven (7) years of financial planning and analysis experience
• Demonstrated knowledge in accounting, budgeting, financial practices, and regulatory compliance
• Excellent PC skills with a superior working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and other database software. Expert user of Excel and Access
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to present and interact with senior personnel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to interact with internal and external providers/users of financial information
• Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices
• Ability to work in a highly regulated field
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Shares knowledge
• SAP experience
• Experience in a utility's finance or regulatory department
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York CIty
Job Segment: ERP, Law, Compliance, SAP, Database, Technology, Legal
Job Number: 64420
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Budget Analyst PSEG LI
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bethpage, New York US