Location: SECAUCUS, New Jersey US
Job Number: 557
Requisition ID: 64539
Job Function/Category: Operations
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy. Job Summary
This opportunity is open to current PSEG employees only.
This is a first level supervisory position in the Underground Construction Department at Palisades Electric Division.
•Supervise assigned personnel in the construction, maintenance and operation of associated underground facilities.
•Assist in the training/development of underground personnel.
•Promote safety principles. Counsel associates and handle first step grievance meetings.
•Assign/direct work to accomplish the desired results in a safe, efficient and expeditious manner.
•Accept underground call out assignments. Willingness to respond outside of normal hours. Ability to train/instruct personnel in work practices and use of tools and equipment. Maintain and apply working knowledge of PSEG Standards for Business Controls and meet management's expectations for effective internal business controls.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Extensive knowledge of applicable portions of Company/Union Agreement. Ability to recognize unusual conditions and take corrective action.
• A minimum of 5 years of extensive experience in the construction, operations, and maintenance of underground outside plant facilities
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
• Must possess or obtain a CDL license within 6 months.
• Must obtain an acceptable score on the First Line Supervisor's Test (FLST) unless presently and directly supervising (i.e. responsible for performance review) blue collar, operating department/represented associates for a minimum of 12 continuous months. For those who have previously taken and received an acceptable score on the FLST but who are not presently and directly supervising represented associates, test results will be valid for a maximum period of two years from the date the test was taken. Acceptable test results exceeding the two year period (for those applicants not presently and directly supervising represented associates) cannot be used in bidding on or applying for a first line supervisory position for which the test was validated. Safety sensitive position. D.O.T. testing required.
• Ability to assist with troubleshooting, identifying and analyze abnormal system operations.
• Ability to read and understand one-line circuit prints and detail prints
Minimum Years of Experience
5 years of experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Distribution, Compliance, Construction Line Supervisor, Construction, Recruiting, Operations, Legal, Engineering, Human Resources
Job Number: 64539
Community / Marketing Title: Distribution Supervisor
Location_formattedLocationLong: SECAUCUS, New Jersey US