Location: Hancock Bridge, New Jersey US
Job Number: 563
Requisition ID: 64347
Job Function/Category: Business Services
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy. Job Summary
This position supervises, provides technical direction and coordinates all work associated with the maintenance and repair of Facilities Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC and related equipment. Manage and supervise associates and provide leadership by training, appraising, coaching, counseling, rewarding and disciplining employees. Manage resources by utilizing administrative systems and procedures such as SAP and Work Management Systems.
• Manage/supervise bargaining unit associates and vendors in the maintenance & repair of facility assets.
• Lock out and tag out systems and components to execute the safe maintenance and repairs to equipment
• Provide emergency response to equipment failures
• Assist in the development and administration of preventive maintenance
• Estimate, plan, and schedule maintenance activities, including interfacing with all Lines-of-Business (Utility, Fossil, and Nuclear, etc.)
Job Specific Qualifications
• Must have a valid driver's license • High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4-years facilities maintenance or related experience. • Must obtain an acceptable score on the First Line Supervisor's Test (FLST) unless presently and directly supervising PSEG personnel for a minimum of 12 continuous months. • For those who have previously taken and received an acceptable score on the FLST but who are not presently and directly supervising represented associates, test results will be valid for a maximum period of two-years from the date the test was taken • Acceptable results exceeding the two-year period (for those applicants not presently and directly supervising represented associates) cannot be used in bidding on or applying for a first line supervisory position for which the test was validated • Because the job requires driving to company locations and off-site assignments and events, must possess a valid driver's license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
Desired Skills, Education, Experience and Competencies:
• BS in Engineering • Technical Certification or Training • Stationary Engineer License or PE License
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Electrical, Compliance, SAP, Engineering, Technology, Legal
Job Number: 64347
Community / Marketing Title: Maintenance Spv-Services
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hancock Bridge, New Jersey US