Location: Newark, New Jersey US
Job Number: 570
Requisition ID: 64595
Job Function/Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy. Job Summary
PSEG is looking for talented technology professionals to join our team. Our vision is to power the digital future of PSEG. We are partners with the business and we are driving business outcomes through innovative use of technology. This is a multi-level position and placement is dependent upon the skills, knowledge and experience of the candidate. There are multiple positions available and they are located at our General Office in Newark, New Jersey.
Our Technology Professional role is an entry-level role that provides college hires the opportunity to be involved in meaningful work/projects throughout the Information Technology organization. This position prepares candidates for advanced information technology positions through challenging assignments, and allows them to develop their skills the areas of Microsoft windows, RedHat Linux and database technologies. This Position will work directly with the internal clients in support of their operations.
•Potential environments may include but not limited to as follows:
o Microsoft Windows technologies such as Active Directory, Patching, Windows security, server services, server builds, etc.
o RedHat Linux such as Operating System configuration, Patching, server builds, etc.
o Database technologies such as oracle, SQL server and other open source databases, database installations, configuration, security models, patching, performance tuning, etc.
o Storage Area Networks such as SANs, fiber switches, replication procedures.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information/Computer Security, Engineering or a related STEM discipline.
• For a Technology Professional, a minimum 3.0 GPA and a level of experience required ranges from internship to 4 years of relevant experience within the IT field or an industry with reliance on technical expertise. For the Sr Technology Professional at least 2 years of related work experience of relevant experience within the IT field or an industry with reliance on technical expertise.
• Overall strong technical proficiency in information technology/computer disciplines.
• Strong MS Office skills (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
• Experience working with or related coursework in .NET, HTML, SQL, Java, Java scripting or Object Oriented Design.
• Self-starter with the demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
• Detail oriented and demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and staff.
Required for Sr Technology Professional - DBA:
• Experience with Database Performance Tuning and Monitoring
• Experience with Database Backup and Recovery
• Experience with System Monitoring
• Understanding of Database Disaster Recovery (DR) Practices and Architectures
• Familiarity with tools - EMC Networker, OEM, OID, Tripwire
• Experience with Linux and Windows, and networking concepts such as IP network
• Familiarity with Oracle RAC and / or Microsft SQL Server Always On
• Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley controls
• Familiarity with automation technologies - Ansible, Python, Scripting, PowerShell etc.
• Experience with mySQL, PostgreSQL.
• Experience with System Monitoring, i.e., Microsoft Systems Center
• Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL.
• Experience working with databases that are clustered and attached to a SAN infrastructure.
• Experience with DB2.
• Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL certifications.
• ITILv3 Foundations certifications
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Engineer, Database, Oracle, Developer, Intern, Engineering, Technology, Entry Level
Job Number: 64595
Community / Marketing Title: Technology Professional
Location_formattedLocationLong: Newark, New Jersey US