Manager Program Growth & Strategy
Location: Newark, New Jersey US
Job Number: 639
Requisition ID: 64763
Job Function/Category: Operations
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy. Job Summary
Manages the strategic processes and activities of several products/services or product/service lines for PSE&G's Energy Efficiency (EE), Renewable Energy (RE), Solar, Alternative Fuel Vehicles (AFV) and other Clean Energy (CE) Programs. Plans, directs and coordinates the development and implementation of policy strategies. Develops proposals/programs and budgets and supports the approval process for regulatory filings related to EE, RE, Solar and CE. Responsible for developing a portfolio of EE, RE, Solar, AFV and CE Programs, which may be approved by the NJ Board of Public Utilities. Collaborates with technical and operations groups to assure that programs can be delivered to the market according to specifications. Represents PSE&G in various statewide initiatives and working groups on policy and direction in coordination and collaboration with other PSEG groups such as legal, government affairs, and corporate communications. Assists in preparation and delivery of testimony in regulatory proceedings related to EE, RE, Solar, AFV and CE issues. Scans the market to identify emerging technologies and products. Identifies the most promising opportunities and prepares plans and financial forecasts for consideration by upper management.
Provides leadership, strategic, developmental and motivational support for product managers, analysts and business development managers. Recommends plans and programs to executives. Works in collaboration with other stakeholders, including BPU staff and all other electric and gas utilities in New Jersey.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or Finance required or equivalent internal or external business experience.
• 7-10 years of demonstrated knowledge of business strategy, energy policy, financial analysis, product management, marketing, market research, and demand side management programs and renewable energy.
• Operational decision making skills, strong analytical ability, strong problem solving skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain high performance during periods of change and drive high standards for individual, team and organization performance.
• Excellent teamwork, facilitation and negotiation skills.
• Advanced interpersonal and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to present and discuss complex information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding and approval.
• Ability to develop solid working relationships with peers and individuals in other areas by understanding their perspectives and issues.
• Ability to lead through influence.
• Demonstrated judgment and decision making capabilities.
• Ability to foster and develop a positive team environment.
• MBA or advanced degree.
• Strategic impact on company and significant level of interaction with senior regulatory staff at the BPU. Work is diversified and complex in nature.
• The position requires an understanding of new product development, energy policy, market research and contract management. In addition, requires understanding of the regulatory, financial and legal implications as part of the decision-making process and the potential impacts on operations. External contacts include customers, vendors, regulatory and legal. Internal contacts include all levels of PSEG management, employees and union officials
Minimum Years of Experience
7 years of experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Law, Compliance, Product Manager, Environmental Engineering, Contract Manager, Legal, Operations, Engineering
Job Number: 64763
Community / Marketing Title: Manager Program Growth & Strategy
Location_formattedLocationLong: Newark, New Jersey US