Technology Product Owner
Location: Edison, New Jersey US
Job Number: 665
Requisition ID: 65056
Job Function/Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy. Job Summary
Technology Product Owners work with business, information technology stakeholders and product teams to develop and convey their product vision; define backlog; deliver and sustain the end-to-end customer experience. Technology Product Owners conceive, define, test, deliver, monitor, refine and retire digital products to maximize business results. They must also be able to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, from business leaders to delivery teams, driving product success while promoting the self-organizing culture that makes agile delivery organizations successful.
•• Partners with information technology and business leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and to identify and prioritize products based on predefined criteria (return on investment, productivity, compliance).
• Leads product management efforts related to the business's strategic capabilities. Oversees their Product Teams. Works with Business Analysts to uncover business needs and value drivers. Accountable for receiving approval from stakeholders on portfolio strategy and plan.
• Works with Tech Group Product Manager to plan for product execution, including organizing activities required to achieve Product goals, creating and maintaining a product plan/ roadmap, and garnering engagement from necessary parties. Works with Business Analysts to identify and capture business problems and non-functional requirements, and document a desired future state that meets business and enterprise objectives.
• Works with governance bodies to review and approve strategies, categories and overall structure. Orchestrates technology capabilities, from strategy through requirements, required to enable business capabilities identified as strategic to business success.
• Conceptualizes and initiates Product strategy. Establishes and prioritizes the product backlog (Features and Technical Debt) with the business and Product Teams. Collaborates with Finance to define cost allocation, cost recovery and pricing plan within the overall context of show back, chargeback or pricing model for a product.
• Oversees product roadmap and ensures it is the codification of the product vision and in the language of the business. Develops and manages the cost model for individual products and identify appropriate cost levers for improvement. Orchestrates Product hand-off to information technology for development and operations/support. Oversees product compliance with cost, schedule, and budget. Analyzes performance dashboards and scorecards to quantify and measure outcomes and identify persistent problems.
• Develops the product backlog and actionable user stories for an individual product. Develops reporting/dashboards to provide portfolio visibility to business management. Evaluates and assesses risk as part of the lifecycle analysis of product.
Job Specific Qualifications
•Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business or a related field •9+ year's relevant experience within the information technology field or an industry with reliance on technical expertise •Sound expertise in product/program management •Sound expertise in IT resource management, job positions, career paths, recruiting, and compensation •Ability to proactively communicate technical topics in a clear, succinct, and relevant way •Proven experience in managing program budgets and IT cost centers in large corporate environments to ensure corporate targets are met •IT procurement & IT financial operations experience ensuring vendor contracts support business and corporate needs •Proficient in working with business area's to understand needs/requirements with ability provide innovative solutions •Technically knowledgeable with the ability to assess solutions for current and future needs across organizations •Proven experience with leading teams on the implementation and enhancements Track record as an innovator and agent leading organizations and people through change •Proven experience in long term planning including building roadmaps and program planning •Business acumen •Strong leadership and influence skills •Ability to present to all levels of management & executive leadership •Excellent teamwork, facilitation, relationship building, and negotiation skills
•Advanced degree, e.g. Masters of Business Administration •Change management and/or PHR certifications •Experience with IT organizational design •Experience with CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) and/or managing projects •Over 3 years of experience managing team of 5+ staff or external contractors
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer. As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Engineer, Compliance, Computer Science, Product Manager, Procurement, Engineering, Legal, Technology, Operations
Job Number: 65056
Community / Marketing Title: Technology Product Owner
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edison, New Jersey US